Saturday, November 10, 2012

Living the American Dream

Walter and Malia invited me this morning to go to an Aztec game, this morning.  I am a planner so last minute events are out of my element, which is exactly why I decided to go.  That and the fact that Walter and Malia are super, and this would be the first college football game I have ever attended.  Walter set up the satellite so we could watch TV as we barbecued hot dogs, and drank beer.  Walter continuously told me that we were living the American dream. 

We didn't watch just anything on TV but the very game that was playing just a few hundred feet away.  This must be part of the American dream.

I could not help but notice how small college players are compared to professional athletes.  But the cheerleaders looked small too, so I am wondering if this is just what happens as you get older; people start looking younger. 
The Aztec game at Qualcomm was a great way to spend a brisk San Diego day.  Maybe the American dream is just doing what you want to do when you want to do it.  I was happy to be part of some non-planned fun. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the American dream is the freedom to do what you want, and the hope that you can achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, knowing me, I had to look up what A·mer·i·can dream really means.

    1.traditional U.S. social ideals: the idea that everyone in the United States has the chance to achieve success and prosperity.

    2. In the definition by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.

    So not to belittle Walter's dream of RVing at a college football game [something out of Smokey and the Bandit perhaps], probably not EVERYONE's idea of the American Dream, I'm so glad you all delighted in the SPONTANEITY of it all. Looks like a gorgeous day as well.

    I read SDSU beat Air Force 28-9. Were you rooting for Air Force since it was Veteran's Weekend? Looks like a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.