Sunday, September 2, 2018

Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix AZ

Eric and I try to visit my aunt and uncle in Arizona each year, and see something new while we are there.  This time we visited the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, built in 1929.  The hotel was designed by Albert Chase McArthur, an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright.  Since Frank Lloyd Wright was also hired on as a consulting architect, there is a lot of his influence around the 39 acre property.  




It is a beautiful (and surprisingly affordable) hotel.


William Wrigley Jr. (the gum tycoon) owned this hotel for 40 years.
I would have loved to have stayed there then, when people like Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, or Dean Martin were visiting.  Phoenix used to be so remote. 




1 comment:

  1. We were in Phoenix a couple of years ago and knew nothing of this hotel and I'm a huge Frank Lloyd Wright fan. I love this post. AND fully agree with you about being somewhere in the heyday. I see that in parts of Tahoe too.

    The Biltmore is now on my list.
    You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.