Thursday, January 31, 2019

Oceanside Rain and Whale Watching


We knew the rain was coming around 1:00 and timed our walk accordingly, as to not be stuck inside all day.

I was especially interested in heading to the beach knowing there was a beach warning in place (peligro=danger). 
I am not sure if I like the beach more when it is warm and sunny, or stormy and deserted.  

We were in luck, just like the day before, in the same spot, there were whales!  Closer to shore than I have ever seen, right where the waves were starting to break.

She is such a good sport.

Not only did we see two whales, we saw two different news stations broadcasting the "news", semi-live.

We were a little off with our timing, we didn't stay here long enough, and for the other news broadcast, we just missed it!  Oh well.  

It was funny because Fox 5 waited until the instant it started to pour before taping, which was our cue to head home.  We think they were watching the Doppler closely because they were parked for awhile, waiting.  I don't think the weather was news-worthy but everyone else in the country was broadcasting the weather, and it wouldn't be San Diego news if we didn't jump onboard.  



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't see the whales in the photo, but I will trust they are there. What a cool sighting. Just another great reason to live by the beach.

    Miss A is certainly a trooper. Love that chica!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.