I leave for Central America on Monday. If you need to find me while I am gone you should probably know where El Salvador and Honduras are. Please quiz yourself below, just in case.
Did you find me?
#5 and #8.
After this trip I will have been to all of the countries in Central America except Cuba, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic (#4, #9, and #7). But those don't really count. They aren't part of the mainland. It would be like if Hawaii was a country.
My trip planning is complete. I have included the three things that I believe every trip to Latin America must have; nature, ancient ruins, and colonial cities.
1) July 27-29 Suchitito, El Salvador at El Gringo Hostal (waterfalls and ruins)
2) July 29- August 1 Juayua, El Salvador at Hotel Anahuac (waterfalls and El Imposible national park)
3) August 1-3 Copan Ruinas, Honduras at Dona Elena (ruins)
4) August 3-6 Utila, Honduras at Pirate's Bay (diving and snorkeling)
5) August 6-8 Comayagua, Honduras at Hotel Casa Grande (ruins and colonial city)
6) August 8-10 Usulutan, El Salvador at El Campo Real and Hostal Pirryata (transitioning...)
7) August 10-17 Bahia de Jaquilisco, El Salvador with the Eastern Pacific Hawksbill Initiative (volunteering)
8) August 17-20 El Sunzal, El Salvador at Los Almendros (beach)