Sunday, February 4, 2018

Oceanside and Carlsbad

Typically if we have the girls for a weekend we just hang out locally because there is so much to do in Oceanside.

We ate at Ruby's at the end of the pier.

And at our favorite bagel shop the next morning.

Walking everywhere.

But we mixed it up a little this weekend because I found a great deal on Groupon for four tickets to the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad.  Neither Eric or I have been despite it being so close.

Not only is the museum informative but it is super hands on.  Plus, if you fill out a short survey at the end you get a free ticket to return!  Who does that?

They have concerts as well.  I am still super bummed that I missed the banjo series that had a few years ago!  Maybe there will be a next time.  Their concert series right now is "Floating Strings; the Remarkable History of the Harp Guitar in America."  Which is fascinating as well, but it is no banjo.





Since we were in Carlsbad my aunt joined us.

Ahhh, back to Oceanside for the sunset and pizza at the harbor.





For our last few hours together on Sunday we woke up early for donuts and then went straight to the beach. 

Eric has been dying to try out his new hand board.  It is body surfing taken to the next level.  
It is so much fun.

Elle even got out into the water (sans wetsuit) for a mini surf lesson!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to have an auntie like you. What a great, great weekend. I, too, have wanted to go to the Museum of Music Making. Way to go and make me even more jealous.

    Love the pizza and sunset.

    Life is good :o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.