Friday, November 23, 2018

A Baby Carriage

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a party with a baby carriage cake.

Eric's mom, Evelyn, designed this cake for her son (a 1980 baby).  The design was reused for her daughter's baby shower, and then for mine.  I chose the cake flavors, the colors, and the flowers.  I decided on wax flowers as a homage to my mother who grew them at our house and remind me of her.  
The cake was amazing for so many reasons.


Leslie volunteered her house to host, but Marla was commandeered into the official position. 
Plus, there was lots of help behind the scenes with both of their sets of daughters.  
But that is one of the joys/perks to having girls, as far as I am concerned.



There was attention to detail galore.
(Thank you, Pinterest.)


Donna (on the left) I have known since kindergarten.  My sisters and I used to walk from Murrieta Elementary to the Murrieta Machine Shop every day after school, where Arlean (Donna's mother and shop owner) would make us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, while we waited to be picked up.
Lisa, originally a friend of my parents' neighbor in Vista, I have known since I was two.  We are birthday twins.

This is my nieces first baby shower!


It doesn't get more idyllic than this for an event.



Elle drew the female reproductive system for the game that Eric won months ago.

Denise battled it out for the yarn that closest matched my belly.

Name the ultrasound image part was a fun, near impossible (except for Marla), challenge.


I received so many handmade gifts.  
My friends and family are talented.


 I also received gifts from Japan and Switzerland as well!



I love who I surround myself with.

2 comments:

  1. What fun to be there to pre-welcome baby Annika. You do have an amazing group of women who love you! This was super fun baby shower in an spectacular setting. I'm so glad I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I must comment about the link regarding the Murrieta Machine Shop. It is a must read. Wow. What a woman Donna's mom was. Arlean deserves a statue or something. I thoroughly loved this story. Thank you, Brady, for adding richness to this post. I almost missed this history lesson and I would have been sad to have. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.