Monday, December 30, 2019

Salt Lake City Trip- The Creamery and the Temple

Right before you enter the Virgin River Gorge, the drive to Salt Lake is so beautiful and entertaining.  

Entertaining for adults... 

Our first stop was the Creamery.  This has been a long time coming.  We have seen this beautiful building for the past year and have never been able to visit because it used to be closed on Sundays.  I guess money got the best of this company because they decided to open (although they have limited hours) on Sundays.  Yay us!

Someone found some friends! 

The Creamery has been in business since 1952, originally built by the farmers of Beaver, Utah, to supply cheese to the small town.  Now it is quite an operation.  



Yes I came for the food, but wasn't about to leave without ice cream.  It was delicious.  
And their servings are large.  I couldn't even finish mine!


Before we knew it we were in Salt Lake and getting on TRAX, the free train that goes through downtown, headed to the temple.


Every year since 1965 the temple goes all out for Christmas. 

One million lights are used to create this tourist attraction. 

Come for the lights, stay for the service...
Nice try mormons... 





It is really beautiful.  
And now, we can go home.  
Kidding.




3 comments:

  1. You are amazing im goi g to look up to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The images of the illuminations are magical. I can't believe what a perfect setting for your kick off of Salt Lake City. WOW.

    As for the creamery... I haven't met cheese I didn't love. What a great stop, again, something new for me to try.

    Keep guiding my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.