Friday, January 3, 2020

Salt Lake City Trip- Public Library


Once again we drove up to Snowbird and once again the gondola was closed to foot traffic due to high (60 mph) winds.  The drive is beautiful and we got caught up on naps so it worked out, BUT I really want to go to the summit!


We found a little snow to play in before heading back downtown.


The city county building is really elaborate, and right across the street from the library.

Salt Lake City and County Building
It was originally constructed in 1894.

The Salt Lake City public library is really amazing.  
It is five stories tall, and tens of thousands of stories wide.  
That was a library joke.

The pop-up books and vintage advent calendars made for an interesting exhibit.

I can't say as much about the "art".


Glad that we have another Salt Lake City site checked off our list.        ✓

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Brady, I love this post. What fun you guys are having. I, too, fell in love with that Library. I've decided I'm going to try to hit all the big cities' libraries. My new trip goal. Thanks for bringing us a little snow, as well. We've missed it. Cute family, too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.