Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Arches National Park


I have wanted to go to Arches National Park for years (traveling out of country tends to happen more often than traveling out of state).
It is just as beautiful as I imagined. 
Not only are we here but I am with family, it's almost Thanksgiving, and we are with people who know the area well (Raya and Josh).  Life is good.

It is hard to take a bad picture here. And it is hard to get a good hike in when you are stopping every 20 feet to take a picture!




Love this shot.



Ruby is scrambling up the rocks. She is tough. (Well, she can be. Moments earlier she refused to walk.)

Me being close to the rocks made Fred so nervous.  Looking at this picture I can see I could have hung over WAY more.



Hunter-gatherers migrated to this area 10,000 years ago. It is not hard to understand what stopped them from continuing their migration. 

Balanced Rock.

We are 8 out of the 700,000 visitors that visit Arches every year. What an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.