Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Hike

It was our mission to find some local snow so Fred took me up to Palomar Mountain. We hiked the Observatory trail, a trail in his district. 



I was a little skeptical but Fred found me SNOW!



It took less than an hour to drive from Escondido to Palomar Mountain.  It is amazing that in such a short drive you can be in a totally different biome. 

The bark on this tree is a work of art. 


I have been obsessed with the sky lately. On our way back down the mountain the view of the ocean was amplified by an inspiring palette of colors. 
What a great way to spend Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

  1. when do you guys ever relax? love these pics.
    -Marla

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.