Monday, January 16, 2012

Cougar Ridge Trail


Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for being born on this day and becoming a prominent civil rights activist so that I could have today off.
Fred and I hiked 6 1/2 miles in the Daley Ranch preserve near our house; focusing on the Cougar Ridge Trail, which we have done only once before. 


The water that gathered on this parasitic plant made it even more beautiful. 




Well, it got a little wetter during some parts of the hike. 
Good thing we are always prepared!
 The extra moisture definitively helped to reduce the crowds so we have no complaints.
Three day weekends are too few and far between!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE A DREAM...that one day, I too will be able to hike with you. Not that far but certainly with some amount of gusto! I love the water droplets on the parasite. All the photos are gorgeous...it really looks like you are in isolation. Why are you not climbing the tree? Oh I know... 10 seconds on the camera timer would not allow you to get up there. Oh, the price us photographers pay.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.