Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail

Since school starts on Monday and Fred worked this weekend, I thought it would be fun to go out to Joshua Tree to visit my friend Jessica. She got a new place out there, 
and she had Friday night free so it worked out perfectly. 


Jessica ended up having to work earlier than scheduled today so I decided to go for a hike by myself before I made the drive back home. 

Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail is a 3-mile round trip hike to a palm tree oasis. This hike would be difficult in the heat; luckily it couldn't have been a more beautiful day in the desert. 

I was on the lookout for bighorn sheep and/or scorpions (I wasn't too picky). Although I spent the entire time looking down and up, and up and down again desert critters were nowhere to be found. 



1 comment:

  1. Is the bungalow in the first photo where Jessica lives? Wonderful scenery. You entire blog, while on break, has been super interesting and informative. I LOVE IT ALL.

    You have captured, in photographs, some beautiful scenes. Way fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.