Saturday, March 16, 2013

Making cauliflower good

Let's face it, cauliflower is not very good; it is chalky and blah.  
This recipe will trick anyone into thinking cauliflower is amazing!  Fred would not stop raving about it.  He thought this was my best one yet.  I think it has to do with the purple cauliflower I got at the farmer's market.

Ingredients:
1 big purple cauliflower (cut into small pieces) 
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 tbsp chopped garlic
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.  
  • Mix everything together (except the cheese) in a large bowl, then put it in a baking dish uncovered.
  • Bake it for 30 min. stirring it about every 5 min.
  • After removing it from the oven sprinkle it with cheese.


1 comment:

  1. I love the colored cauliflowers. My favorite is the cheddar. That said, I have only had the purple raw. This sounds delicious. 500 degrees is really hot. Is it crunchy when done? Yum. I can't wait for the Farmer's Market to begin again here.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.