Thursday, February 28, 2019

2,000+miles+baby. Day 3. Market Lake, Idaho.


Not only do we get a different window to look out of, but we get to drink a latte while doing it.

She already LOVES her aunt!

Today we explored Market Lake, a 5,000 acre Wildlife Management Area.  We went in search of the elk that Raya and Josh saw yesterday.  She also told us to look for porcupine nests in the trees.  
It ended up being a bit of a wild goose chase, however.

We saw birds but no elk.

Is this a porcupine nest?  
Maybe porcupine nest identification is common practice in Idaho school systems, but I realized after diligently searching in every tree around that I have no clue what a porcupine nest looks like.

I do know a mule deer when I see one, so all is not lost.


Well, we didn't see what we came for, but we are not complaining.  
Idaho is beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.