Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Great American Road Trip. Day 30. Lassen Volcanic National Park.

Lassen! 
We made it.  I didn't think it would happen on this summer trip, but it is on our way (ish).
And Eric is always up for an adventure.
So happy to be here.

It is mid July, and look at all of this snow in Lassen National Park!

This is Lake Helen, which is typically a brilliant blue in summer, but is now covered in a sheet of ice, glacial blue popping through. 


There is so much beauty in Lassen to contemplate. 


Close to the Kohm yah-mah-nee visitor center, at a lower elevation and within the geothermal area of Lassen, the ground is covered with flowers.

Mudpots (acidic hot springs) in Lassen sure did impress Huell Howser during his visit, but I guess it never took much to wow him.  
It is neat to see something like this outside of Yellowstone National Park.


The trail to Bumpass Hill (another hydrothermal site) is being restored and so is closed.
It works out for us, I am happy to have a reason to return.



1 comment:

  1. Okay, maybe my most favorite photo... your flower amongst the flowers. BRILLIANT.

    I love all these images. Boy that Huell really got around. I miss that guy.

    Thanks for bringing us to Lassen. I love the snow. WOWZERS.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.