Sunday, August 2, 2020

The West (Day 29)- Warrenton Waterfront Trail


Warrenton is west of Astoria.  It has a 4.7 mile multi-use trail, most of which is a rail-trail.  
We started out at Sipanan River Park, and felt a little like we were in the south.




The trail has some poorly marked sections, and there are two short stints on a road, but we managed and were happy that much of the ride was on the water.

And where there wasn't water there were reminders of our proximity. 




We stumbled upon this gorgeous Victorian-style mid 1800s home.

There are no unemployed goats in Oregon.


These cormorants are lazy, they want the sensation of lying without doing a dang thing.


Mmmm, sea berries.

Right across the river is Fort Columbia, where we spent time yesterday.


Just one more full day in Astoria before we head south.  
The wind is blowing and the clock is ticking.

1 comment:

  1. I told Steve I wish I had been taking photos of all the unique weathervanes. It could have been a blog in of itself. I love that last one.

    Your yum _____ berries, fill in the blank of wherever you are, crack me up.

    I was so surprised by all the moss on the trees. If it had been warmer, I, too, would have felt we were in the south. What a great post babe.

    Parallel traveling with you is so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.