Friday, August 7, 2020

The West (Day 34)- Mad River

We knew we wanted to go to the water and let the kids be kids today (which means less rules and more exploring).
Since there is no shortage of rivers in Northern California, we just had to pick one.
We decided on Mad River since it is close by and has a sandy beach.
Mad River is a 113 mile long river.  It got its name in 1849, when Dr. Josiah Gregg, a settler, lost his temper when his exploration party didn't wait for him at the mouth of the river.
Ha.  Men, and their tantrums that are so unforgettable that they are placed on maps. 

Cheers.

Eric is a dam busy beaver.


 

I honestly don't think we could have had a better time at the river.
I really wish we were staying longer.

1 comment:

  1. I did not grow up with any cousins in my life so to see A1 and A2 loving on each other and enjoying childhood together warms my heart. The river looks amazing. What a wonderful start to a conclusion from an exceptional adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.