Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Elfin and snowballs

I had the girls over for their first sleepover.  It was so much fun, I cannot wait to do it again!
I wanted to take them to Elfin Forest because I thought it would be a great place to escape the heat.

There is almost always running water at the base of the mountain.

We searched for a good spot to swim because the girls didn't like the "allergies" (algae). 



After the stream at Elfin Forest Fred brought us dinner. Chinese food from Yummy Express is always YUMMY!

After dinner we headed to my new favorite shaved ice joint, Baltimore Snowball. 

Ruby got grape, cherry, and cotton candy with vanilla ice cream and Elle got grape, lemon, and orange with vanilla ice cream. 
Believe it or not they were both delicious!

We started the following morning with cartoons on the couch, followed by donuts at my favorite donut shop, Marte's (they melt in your mouth). 

Before heading back to Temecula we walked around on our property a bit.  Ruby insisted on going down a little hill to a fresh water stream (which I didn't really want to do because we were short on time), but I was glad I gave in because Ruby then found a rogue apple tree! 
The apples are super sweet.  I am so happy to know it is there!

I had Marla and Dan meet me at my dad's house because he has been super excited about his newest creation, a mosaic on the front doorstep.
It looks awesome.  No wonder he is so stoked.
Great job Dad!
Okay, now how long do I have to wait before I have my nieces over again!?
Fred is ready to adopt them but I am pretty sure my sister wouldn't go for it.  I suppose we could just throw it out there... 

2 comments:

  1. There is so much here to comment on. Almost too much really. The Elfin Forest is amazing. It looks like something out of a fairy tale (now complete with two sweet fairies). What a wonderful thing to do with them. Our immediate family was the only relatives we had in California so I never had that kind of relationship with an aunt or uncle. That is so cool for Elle and Ruby. Nice!

    Your dad's mosaic is amazing. I love the colors. Please praise him for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of them swimming under water. what a cool moment captured. They had so much fun with you guys cant wait to do this again! did i mention how much fun Dan and I had without them. haha

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.