Friday, September 20, 2013

Volunteering for CAREM


After work today I rushed down to Mexico for an interview at el museo comunitario de Tecate.  They are such an amazing organization.  I am so happy that they want to work with me as much as I want to work with them.  Their mission is to identify, protect, preserve, restore, and present to the public the historical and cultural heritage of Baja California, Mexico. 
I start on Sunday as a volunteer for the museum.

El Mejor Pan supports the local community.  Just another reason to go, besides the fact that they have perfected pastries.  

Sandias.

This is my selection, for dessert and for breakfast tomorrow (Marla and the girls are coming over).

Instead of Los Amigos 2 I stopped by the original restaurant, Los Amigos (which is just blocks away).  

The wait was much longer to walk across the border than last time, there was one person in front of me.
I walked back to the car with empanadas to give to the parking attendant who let me park for free since I was just staying for an hour.
I love Mexico.  

1 comment:

  1. So I went to CAREM's website and learned so much about what they are for and why you want to be a part of it all. You should take this class... SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT October 5, 2013, 11:00 am - 4:00 PM Traditional Kumiai Basketweaving Workshop. I tried it, here and it's tough.

    How long is the travel time from home to the Museum? What will you do for them.

    I thought this was interesting...Originally established in 1997 to work for the preservation and revitalization of the historical heritage found along the ancient mission trails of Baja California. Wow.

    As for the pastries, oh my gosh, we have to go there together one day. Yum. I love the selection you picked for the girls. Wow.

    Have an incredible weekend. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.