Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Artist Alley in Oceanside


As you walk around Oceanside, like we do so often, you can't help but notice the murals that are all over the city.  What I didn't know (until today) is that Oceanside is one of fourteen cities in CA that are recognized by the CA Arts Council as a Cultural District. The designation highlights, "thriving cultural diversity and unique artistic identities".  
Cheers to us, Oceanside!

If you walk along Artist Alley, which runs parallel to Coast Highway and starts across from the public library, there are numerous interesting murals to enjoy.



A1 and her popemobile, she has really taken to being in a bubble.  The views are great and people (and their germs) are at a distance.  The pope is no dummy.


I honestly don't think I have ever noticed this mural before but it has been on Wisconsin, next to the tracks, for three years!  There are so many murals, I guess you just stop noticing them. 
Ballerinas dancing with sharks?  
If I were to rate the fourteen Cultural Districts I would have to give Oceanside first place.

1 comment:

  1. I have been to Oceanside so many times and I have never seen these works of art. I love them. I can't wait to come explore them for my own blog. Way, way cool "hood" you live in babe. WOWZERS. It's amazing what sheltering-in-place does for our horizons! Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.