Saturday, April 18, 2020

Popemobile on the San Luis Rey Trail


Today we rode for 9 miles round trip on the San Luis Rey Trail.  The whole trail is 21 miles round trip, which Eric has done twice this week, but we just did a portion of it today.

This is one of my favorite parts of the trail, which is just a mile from our house, where it goes under the 5 freeway, and next to a now decommissioned off-ramp,  which is sometimes used for commercials and photoshoots.  



Seriously, this is how desperate I am for wildlife.  
I stopped riding my bike to take a picture of a snail.  



The popemobile is what we call A1's new bike trailer, since she is in a bubble.


The trail follows the San Luis Rey River so, besides snails, we saw lots of birds and flowers along the way.  Thank God not EVERYTHING is closed.  I need the outdoors to function. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love this post. I never knew about that bike trail. What a discovery! That offramp is awesome. Very interesting.

    The snail is one of the coolest I've ever seen. Wild. I'm with you with the need for wildlife and nature. So cool.

    And thank you for explaining the Popemobile. I was wondering "what the heck". That is the perfect name for A1's awesome ride. Way fun... all of it Brady. Nice to ride with you vicariously.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.