Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hike in De Luz

This was the first time I took Fred on a hike in De Luz that I have probably done 100 time growing up. It can only be done in Spring, when there is running water and warmer air temperatures.  It definitely brought back memories; I used the exact same route (the exact same rocks) that I have used so many times before. I am quick, and whenever Fred didn't follow me exactly, or when I accidentally got too far ahead, I had to wait awhile!  



Certain parts of the hike are pretty technical. Can you believe my sisters and friends would do this in elementary school...and no broken bones!?

Hmmm...this wasn't here before! There were actually two cars along the route. All I can do is hope they got washed down in a storm, versus plummeting off the cliff above.

We reached the fun part of the hike! There are a two fairly large pools to go swimming in at the end of the 'trail'. Fred took advantage of the waterfall, even though the water was pretty cold.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, for my 50th (yep, next March) we will all do this hike. I have never been there. I love waterfalls as a reward for a hike well done. Looks like the weather is amazing. Aren't childhood memories wonderful. I can see your kiddos, one day, scrambling over the same cliffs. Wild thought.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.