Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Redwood Road Trip


Fred and I trekked 14 hours up to Northern California for Memorial day weekend. I just couldn't imagine having a long weekend without making the most out of it! My aunt and uncle live in McKinnleyville, just north of Arcata where Humboldt State is. We have not visited since they moved so we took advantage of the invitation, even if we did invite ourselves!
The drive is beautiful. The picture above is me driving through Chandelier Tree. It is 315 feet tall, 2,400 years old, and a total ripoff! We paid 5$ to drive though it, not realizing that this was all it was. At least we supported the local economy. :)

Even though we never left California it felt like we were in a different state. I am not used to experiencing Americana so close to home! The guy at the counter reading the paper unbuckled his suspenders when he sat down to order his usual meal.

This veggie club sandwich and potato salad was delicious. I can see why they have so many regulars! I look forward to our next trip up North, and our return to Garberville, CA.

1 comment:

  1. I love this trip! What different places you have seen. I love seeing where you've been and where you're going. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.