Monday, June 13, 2011

Beach camping

Raya and Josh are visiting from Idaho for the entire month of June. We thought it would be fun to go camping for a few nights. Marla, Dan, the girls, Raya, Josh, Freddy and I camped at Carlsbad State Beach. It was so much fun.


The first night we were there Aunt Kathy, Uncle Steve, Aunt Kris, and Uncle Rick came over for dinner.  Thanks for cooking Kathy!

The girls were so excited about the beach, they didn't care that it was overcast and the water temperature was in the low 60's!



This is my favorite picture. I didn't prompt them. I just snapped a picture of my nieces being themselves! :)

Dan made a swing in the tree for the girls.




Josh cooked for us the second night. Hot dogs (mine was veggie), beans, and macaroni and cheese. I LOVE camp food!

Josh, Fred, and I went out on Thursday. I thought it would be fun to take the nieces out but I couldn't get Ruby to try and stand up!

Fun times...

1 comment:

  1. I love the girls' photos and the food. Everyone seems to love the beach. How very, very fun. Weird weather though, right? So happy you had the opportunity for an escape. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.