Saturday, November 2, 2013

Museo Comunitario de Tecate

One of my favorite things about going to Tecate is the drive.  
It is beautiful, and so peaceful.  


My other favorite thing is, of course, the Community museum where I volunteer.  It is as beautiful and peaceful as the drive.  

Besides tagging along on a tour with a group from Mexico City I sewed the berries onto these stockings for an upcoming navidad event at the museum.  

The museum covers history from 15,000 years ago to present, including indigenous populations, the arrival of the Spaniards and how life changed as a result, along with an exhibit on the Tecate brewery and the transnational railroad.  


My other favorite thing about going to Tecate is my walk to the museum from the border. 
I am so proud to be involved with Tecate, our neighbor to the south.  
It is my home away from home. 

1 comment:

  1. Steve y yo estamos muy emocionados de visitar este maravilloso lugar con usted. Hermoso y emocionante ... lo y le!

    What a fortunate find Brady. I love the scenery, the history and all the activities you are doing. I am so glad you are willing to share it with us in December. Gracias chica!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.