Sunday, January 7, 2018

SubarUs Thriteen: West Yellowstone to Idaho Falls

Crazily, we drove on this iced over road on purpose and unnecessarily.  
Using the recommendation of Raya and Josh we took a loop from West that lead us by Earthquake Lake and eventually back to the same highway that we could have been on a lot sooner, headed to Idaho Falls.  It was so beautiful, I was happy to ignore the feeling that my car was swaying left and right like there was no friction between the road and my tires and my perpetual cold sweat.

Like I said, it was worth it (mostly because we made it safely).

Earthquake Lake was created after a 7.5 magnitude earthquake in 1959.  Twenty eight people were killed and dozens of homes were destroyed.  If you kayak through the lake you can actually see remnants of homes like chimneys and roofs (Eric has experienced it).

Ahhhhh, still icy!




Hypothetical question- if you pee at the continental divide, between two watersheds, where does it go?  Follow up question- if you are peeing when a semi truck drives by do you stare at him as he stares at you?


1 comment:

  1. As I look at these frigid images, I'm glad I'm sitting in front of my fireplace sipping hot coffee. What beautiful, yet cold photos. They look like black & white pictures. What an adventure. I'm glad you two made it over the loop road safely. I have only been to those 'parts' in the summer. Crazy difference when blanketed in snow. Nice to see snow somewhere since it's a drought in Tahoe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.