Saturday, March 7, 2020

North County Model Railroad Society, Oceanside

Next stop, Oceanside!

Today we went to the model train museum in Oceanside.  We have been meaning to check out this Oceanside gem for a while, and today worked out beautifully (surprisingly, the hours to watch grown men play with trains is very limited).
The museum is located at Heritage Park, near the San Luis Rey Mission.  Although the only hours listed are Saturday from 10-3, they are there on Wednesdays too (10-3), but they only run the trains at the very end of the day.






There are just two rooms, but due to the small scale, there is SO much detail to notice!

The museum has model towns of Temecula, Murrieta, Perris, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Palomar, San Diego and more.





If you are interested in visiting the museum, you will have a docent (or docents) at your side, pointing out all of the hilarious hijinks.  
The museum is donation based, so bring cash!  



We will definitely be back to the train museum, and to Heritage Park (home to numerous original Oceanside buildings).
I love my city. 

1 comment:

  1. This is beyond cool. I never even knew there was a Heritage Park in Oceanside, much less such an amazing museum. I love that the buildings are actual places and that there are historians there to tell you stories. What a find. I'm putting that on my "must-see" list.

    The girls all look excited. What fun and what a pretty day in Oside…

    “I like trains. I like their rhythm, and I like the freedom of being suspended between two places, all anxieties of purpose taken care of: for this moment I know where I am going.”
    ― Anna Funder,

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.