Friday, July 18, 2014

Colombia/Panama Day 21: Boquete to Panama City

Today was my last day in Boquete, my last day hiking in a rain forest for a while.  Although I very much enjoyed the hiking I did in Boquete I don't think I really appreciated the pueblo until my walk to town last night from Casa Pedro.

I know what you are thinking, is this church for sale?  
The answer is no.  
No it isn't.  









This morning I was up early, ready for the bus ride back to Panama City.  I will miss seeing the indigenous women in their beautiful bright dresses.  

The only eventful thing that happened on the trip back to Panama was a fallen tree which completely blocked the road.  Before arriving at the roadblock there was a lot of rain and very strong winds.  
A truck driver drove past us and I saw her make a circular motion with her fingers at our bus driver, signaling we would have to make a u-turn, which is not good considering there is only one road that connects David to Panama.  I couldn't help but be a little apprehensive, my canal tour is tomorrow!

The guy next to me was claiming it would be at least one or two hours before the bomberos (firefighters) arrived.  
But moments later, the machetes were broken out.  
I swear, I did not know how essential machetes were until this trip.  *Note to self, buy a machete.*
Two machetes, ten minutes, and a lot of man power later we could drive through.  
Latin America just doesn't get boring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.