Sunday, December 31, 2017

SubarUs Six: Klamath Falls to Bend

Eric and I have a new hobby, people watching at Walmart in Klamath Falls.  We have a theory that involves the gene pool, and all of the good looking people moving before breeding age.

I have never in my life seen so much camouflage.
I imagine it all makes ideal birthday presents, Christmas presents, anniversary presents...

Two hours into our drive, we got our first glimpse of Mount Bachelor!
We are almost in Deschutes County. 

We have been looking forward to going to Deschutes Brewery ever since we visited the brewery in Portland.  The original location is in Bend, at the brewery about ten minutes away.  We started at Deschutes Public House in downtown Bend for lunch.

The first flight of the trip!


Fig and gorgonzola pizza, my favorite!

Moving on.
We made a reservation weeks ago, thanks to the suggestion of Raya, to do the Deschutes Brewery  tour.  Starting in December of this year the price went from gratis to $5, but it was well worth it.


It comes with two tasters, a general description of how beer is made, as well as the history, and future, of Deschutes Brewery.  
They are in the process of opening up a brewery and Public House in Roanoke, Virginia.

This tap room is in the employee break room.  Every employee gets a pint of beer after work, and a case of beer a month (as well as stock options).


I love that Bend is cold but has a strong bike culture.
When will San Diego get it??

The bear was polar.  
I couldn't have done better myself.
That is nerd gold.  


Deschutes is the eighth largest craft brewery in the US.



Every year they choose an artist as the label for that year's Jubilale (their winter ale), and hang the art in the administration wing of the brewery.  I particularly liked this year's art.

For dinner we went to Sunriver Brewing Company.
(Bend has the highest number of breweries per capita in the US.)


Cheers!
And Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Deshutes is AWESOME. I want to work there. I did some research:
    Benefits include:
    Competitive compensation and review process
    Medical, dental, vision and alternative care insurance coverage (we cover 90-95% of the premium costs!)
    Health Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Assistance Accounts
    Vacation and sick pay
    401k
    Employee Stock Ownership
    Deschutes Brewery beer!
    Unlimited coffee, yoga classes, amazing sponsored company events, birthday cupcakes, and more fun than you could ever imagine in a job!

    Sign me up!!!

    I loved your post. You guys are having a Super SuburUs adventure. Love all the pics. You look very happy. Fun stuff on day #6. Woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for spelling Deschutes wrong. I had to ask, is the answer Polar Bear because the Poles are melting. I was lost on that one. Loved the Bacon answer to the first question. Funny stuff.

    Loved all the food, too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.