Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The West ( Day 25)- Cannon Beach

Eric, A1 and I headed to Cannon Beach today.

The name Cannon Beach dates back to 1846, when a cannon from a shipwreck washed ashore. 
I think the city is most famous for Haystack Rock.  It is so photogenic, and so iconic. 
Three popular movies were filmed here: The Goonies, Point Break, and Twilight.


The Haystack is great for bird watching.  
Puffins, eagles and pelicans all call this rock home.



We tried the water again, but it is so cold it burns.  
I guess we have SoCal expectations, we like the water to be about twenty degrees warmer, and fun.
It just isn't the same so cold.



A1 put on a brave face.  She was cold but refused to be held.
90% of the time she strolled along the beach by herself, wrapped up in towels.





Love this independent baby.


We had lunch at Cannon Beach Hardware and Public House (which is actually a hardware store that also sells food).

I hate to say it, but Rogue is still the winner of the fish and chip contest.  Still!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos of A1 in the towels. So dang precious. AND that rock. What amazing images you captured. Did you see puffins? What an awesome blog post. I don't want to rush south but you are so tempting. WOW. WOW. WOW.

    I love the hardware store that sells food. It's a man's dream. WILD.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.