Wednesday, August 12, 2015

CA17- Bahía de Jiquilisco, ICAPO




After hanging out at ICAPO in the morning, Carlos and I went for a walk around La Pirraya.  

We went to the bridge to nowhere (which was supposed to connect to another island but was never completed).







We found some local kids who were collecting coconuts.  They asked if I could take their picture.  After I showed them the picture the oldest girl told me that I could have a coconut.  Not bad for a days work.


As we kept walking we found an area on the island with gardens and birds, and more people who wanted to share their world with foreigners.


Don Olvidio opened my coconut with his handy machete that he has had since the civil war, and is never without.  The man knows how to use his machete!

And how to play games.  
I have never seen anyone so happy to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.