Tuesday, August 18, 2015

CA23- La Libertad

After surfing this morning I got a ride with someone from the hotel, and went to el Malecón (the pier), in La Libertad.  El Malecón isn't only a pier, but an entire secured area with restaurants and shops, a successful attempt to have a place where tourists can spend money and not be robbed.  My sights were set on the fish market and fresh ceviche, although I only had my camera showing when I was taking a picture.  It is better to be safe than sorry, although 'safe' to me does not imply not going, it just means that I try to blend in as much as possible.




Ceviche!  Straight from the source.


I stepped out of the secured area of Malecón and explored downtown.  I wasn't sure if it was my imagination as a result of the stories I had heard about the gangs in La Libertad and the robberies that occur there, but I did feel like eyes were on me.  My camera did not come out very often.


Unless there was fruit or vegetables involved... some things are worth the risk.  
They would have done it for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.