Saturday, June 23, 2018

Honeymoon- Day 7- Edinburgh

Karlijn, Leo, and Oscar walked us to the train station, just five minutes away from her house.




Surprisingly enough, Ireland and Scotland are very different.  
Established in 1130, Edinburgh is one of Scotland's earliest towns.



Edinburgh Castle was occupied by royal families for five hundred years, until 1633.



Harry Potter fans LOVE Edinburgh. 
J.K. Rowling began writing her series here, inspired by the historic, picturesque city.  


Wingardium Leviosa!
How does he do it? I walked all around him.  He was floating.

The Royal Mile is full of street artists.  Some are quite artistic.  

Some are just dumb, but dumb sells.

We almost didn't walk into Saint Giles' Cathedral.  I believe I was quoted saying all cathedrals are the same. That was until I heard the choir.  The acoustics in churches are pitch perfect.


Beef pie! 

We hiked up Calton Hill for a wonderful view of the city.







This town is so lovely.  


What could I say to make this business name better?  
Nothing.


We searched for the best ice cream shop in town and found Mary's Milk Bar.  Mary makes ice cream every day, regularly changing the flavors.

I was envious about Eric's chocolate choice, I think it was the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had.  Yes, ice cream envy is a thing.


West Bow well was erected in 1674.  Before plumbing, people would fill buckets of water here, take them to their house, do their business, and then dump the used water out the window after shouting "gardy loo!!" which is similar to what would mean "watch the water" in French.

"Gardy loo!" under the bridge.  Why was it dripping?

Muggles love riding bikes.

1 comment:

  1. Brady, I have some many questions about Scotland. We want to go, too. Let's talk when you return.

    I love this post. The beef pie oh my. You always make me hungry.

    Looks so amazing. Tell Karljn hello from us. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.