Sunday, June 3, 2018

Live Oak Park


As an early Father's Day get-together Marla and I planned a picnic at Live Oak Park, in Fallbrook.
I have so many fond memories at Live Oak Park as we would come here for school field trips, as well as family picnics, but I haven't returned since elementary school.

Luckily my dad remembered the Luiseño Native American mortars, because as soon as he said it, it triggered a memory.  The park has changed a little (there are a lot more picnic tables and the playground is now "safe" and not as fun), so we were unsure if they were they were still on display, but we went on a mortar hunt and found them, twenty five in one boulder.  
It makes you wonder what other artifacts are in the area.



It was 80 degrees, with plenty of shade from the gigantic oak trees.
It couldn't have been a prettier day. 
Live Oak Park is still just as pretty as I remember.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful memories. It was a perfect way to commemorate Father's Day. I love it.

    Discovering Native American 'treasures' is so amazing. We have a rock in Tahoe that makes me ponder the long ago history, too.

    Keep having fun and being warm. It is cold in Portugal :o(

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.