Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ao Nang, Krabi province

Fred and I spent 5 days in the Krabi province on the Andaman Sea. It was a delightful location; looking out into the water and seeing huge limestone cliffs everywhere, including sticking out of the sea.
Many people do not like Ao Nang because it is touristy and lacks Thai culture, but it worked out perfectly for us. We booked tours, spoke with dive shops, and had a great selection of restaurants. Since it was raining for half of our stay we decided being in a city was the only option.

This picture was the first day we arrived in Ao Nang. It was pouring at first but started to taper off by the end of the day. I am just glad that the beach was not affected by all of the flooding in nearby areas.  When we arrived at the airport we couldn't help but be worried when we saw dozens of houses underwater.


This is a favorite picture of mine. I love the vibrant colors.


I did a lone trip to Railay, an island about 30 minutes from Ao Nang (it reminded me of my travels before I met Fred, but I much prefer to travel with my hubby!!). Fred was sick and wanted to stay in bed and I was not about to sit around at the hotel. It was the first day it didn't rain!


1 comment:

  1. I think this might be my favorite series of photos and it's not just your cute bum on the beach :o) Sorry Fred was ill but glad you continued on the adventure and have the photos to prove it and something to share with Fred. Amazing to think you are in the same locale as where they found the first human remains in the province date back to 25,000 - 35,000 B.C. What history!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.