Friday, April 29, 2011

Golden Triangle

I was excited when I found out that we were going to the Golden Triangle (where the borders of Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar meet).  I didn't think we would be going this far North!  The river behind me is the Mekong.  It is the longest river is Southeast Asia, and the 7th longest in the world. The river begins in Tibet from melted glaciers, travels through 5 countries, and then empties into the South China Sea.


From Thailand we took a boat to Myanmar, and then to Laos where we got out and did a little shopping. There is not much to see on the border but shops and kids asking for money, but we were happy to take a ride on the Mekong.

This was one of the items for sale. I bought 5. It is yum-my. Just kidding. Poor snakes!

1 comment:

  1. So one has to ask, what's with the Golden Buddha on a giant ship no less. Very incredible photos. Love your faces on the boat. "Woo hoo! We're on the Mekong River!"

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.