Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nai Yang Beach

Nai Yang was not on the itinerary. Due to the flooding and the fast changing weather I thought it would be better if we stayed close to our departure airport (we flew into Krabi airport but flew out of Phuket). The conditions of the roads can get bad with excess rain and since our flight was in the morning I wanted to play it safe.This was taken from our motorcycle taxi on the way to the resort.

 I found the Nai Yang Beach Resort for a great price online. http://www.naiyangbeachresort.com/  
We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the location (5 minutes from the airport) and the great weather.

Fred and I went for a long walk and found ourselves surrounded by only local fisherman.



After our walk Fred and I enjoyed fresh cut fruit and some adult beverages.

If you look in the center of the circle you will see the little crab that made this beautiful artwork. I found it interesting that the designs made by the crabs varied at different beaches.

As soon as we sat on these beach chairs we were given a ticket and told we had to pay to sit. It was only a few dollars but other tourists were surprised by this and refused to pay (and sit). We enjoyed the chairs, the umbrellas, and the waiter.  :) 
What a great day at the beach. Thank God it stopped raining!


1 comment:

  1. Okay, you could be anywhere advertising the island delights. I love the umbrella 'come hither look'. It seemed a fitting place to end the exotic adventure. Very fun vicarious trip with you both. Now I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.