Sunday, December 30, 2012

Nozawa Snowboarding

Nozawa Onsen was used for the biathlon competitions in the 1998 winter Olympics.  It is incredible to go snowboarding where the Olympics were held. 

What a beautiful view! 
(I love the panoramic function on our new Lumix TS4.)

Ski calisthenics.
 
Fred took me on a black diamond run that he insisted was at my level.  It was not.  I have never been so scared snowboarding.  Right over this ledge the slope was practically vertical. Even when I sat on my butt I started sliding down the hill. 

Nothing comes close to snowboarding in Japan.  It was amazing, and very decently priced (about 50 dollars for the day and 25 dollars to rent equipment). 
 
Fred is now totally in love with Japan.  He understands why this is my favorite developed nation. 
He really wants to come back next year.  We will see!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so your black diamond experience scared the heck out of me and I wasn't even there. Wow.

    You know Tahoe's Squaw is an olympic site. The 1960 Winter Olympics in Squaw Valley was a surprise choice. Squaw Valley was mostly undeveloped, so from 1956 to 1960 all of the venues and infrastructure had to be built or improved at a cost of $80,000,000. The Games featured the first athlete's village and was designed to be intimate, allowing spectators and athletes the ability to walk to nearly all the venues. The opening and closing ceremonies were produced by Walt Disney and televised by CBS. The 1960 Games were the first to have television broadcast rights sold to the highest bidder. It was the first time in 28 years that an Olympic Games had been held in North America.

    Take that Japan!

    Glad you're liking your new camera. Great Pics!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.