Thursday, July 14, 2011

Arnhem, Netherlands

Fred and I took a vaporetto to the train station in Venice, took the train to Milan, got on an EasyJet flight to Amsterdam; and there was Karlijn (waiting for us at the airport).  With Heineken in our hands we rode the hour long train to Arnhem, where we spent the next three days.
Time just dissapeared!

Joshua, Karlijn's boyfriend, met up with us for our first night in town. They treated us to drinks at a local bar.  Fred and Josh get along great, Josh is a soccer player (oh, I mean football). 

Coffee Shops are not known for their coffee...

The following day we drank beers on the patio of a restaurant in Korenmarkt (a popular square for people watching) with Karlijn's friend's Lisa and Katie. Rosé beer is white Belgian beer with 10% raspberry fruit. It is delicious.

After enjoying the sun on the patio we walked across the square to an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. Fred and I always love a good sushi dinner, but I did miss the traditional free refills I am used to in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.