Monday, July 11, 2011

Venetian Edibles

How could you not want to eat in a restaurant that has pizza faces in the window?!

There are berries at the market that I have never seen before.
Later, I asked someone what the red ones in the middle were called and he told me that only birds eat them.

I love that the name and address of bars and restaurants are on the lanterns on the storefront. 

Fred and I went out for our first night in Venice. We got artichoke hearts (apparently they think eating the leaves is a waste of time and cut straight to the heart), and potato raviolis (it was like eating fresh gnocchi filled with cheese).


La Boutique in Venice...AMAZING!

Fred and I saved money the last two nights we were there by using the kitchen in the B&B. The pasta dishes we cooked were great!! It is hard to cook poorly with fresh ingredients!

1 comment:

  1. Way awesome that you were able to cook at your B & B. That is a great memory! Sounds like Venice was amazing. It is a town that becomes magical at night. Great series of photos. Buon viaggio!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments/questions/opinions here... I will get right back to you.